WHAT: CARAVAN OF COMPASSION TO MEET THE CARAVAN
WHEN: SATURDAY, DECEMBER 15TH
> Caravans of volunteers bringing supplies throughout the day
> Christians Against Hate rally service at 6:00pm with special guests TBA
WHERE: SAN DIEGO BORDER & CHRIST MINISTRY CENTER,
(3295 Meade Ave – San Diego CA 92116)
Christian Democrats of America is organizing a Caravan of Compassion to meet the migrants, refugees and immigrants at the border in response to the vilification and mistreatment of the refugees by the Trump administration, the family separation which continues with hundreds of children still separated from their families and thousands in camps. As Christians, we cannot sit idly by as families in desperate need are tear-gassed and threatened by this administration, as Trump uses them as a scapegoat for everything that is evil. What is, in fact, evil, according to the Bible is to do harm to the least of these. Jesus said clearly in Matthew 18:6: “But if anyone causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to stumble, it would be better for him to have a large millstone hung around his neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea.” And in Matthew 25:34-40 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’ “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’ (We have added more scripture references at the bottom of the page)
We are asking pastors, churches and political activists to join us in forming a Caravan of Compassion to meet the caravan. Here’s what we are doing…
- Helping to provide and organize help for the refugees and immigrants including clothing, blankets, basic necessities, toys for the children, food and prayer/counseling/support. We are working directly with Christ Ministry Church’s “Safe Harbor” program, where they are housing migrant families and getting supplies and help directly to the families.
- Christians Against Hate rally service at 6:00pm – guests/speakers TBA
HOW TO TAKE ACTION:
- Sign up as a volunteer for this effort – fill out the form at the bottom of this page to be added to the volunteer email list and receive updates on this initiative.
- If you are church who wants to be involved, a non-profit working with migrants at the border, a pastor or want to be a liaison, email us here.
- Help us fund this effort by making a donation using one of the 3 methods below. We are a grassroots organization with no outside funding. We are working directly with Christ Ministry Church’s “Safe Harbor” program, where they are housing migrant families and getting supplies and help directly to the families. Proceeds from this effort will go to providing food, clothing, toys, and basic necessities for immigrants and refugee families at the border, organizing donations for the caravan, protest actions and recruiting.
Details for churches/pastors:
We are looking specifically for pastors/churches who will take in donations of clothes, canned goods, water, toys, blankets and necessities and create “care kits.” We are then looking for volunteers or your congregation who can drive to the border with the goods and meet on Saturday, December 15th, where we will be distributing the kits directly to or in conjunction with non-profits who can get them to the refugees. We are also looking for pastors who want to come to pray with, counsel with and generally support refugees and migrants.
Details for activists:
We are looking for people who are of like-mind and want to make a stand as a Christian Against Hate or simply a person of morals who wants to make a stand against the way this administration is treating immigrants and refugees. From the continued family separation to the fear-baiting, to tear gassing children, we are taking a stand. We hope you will join us at the Christians Against Hate rally and help us spread word!
What Does the Bible Say About Caring For Immigrants, Refugees, the Poor, and a Nation That Treats Them Without Compassion?
“Do not oppress a foreigner; you yourselves know how it feels to be foreigners, because you were foreigners in Egypt.”
Lev. 19: 9-10
‘When you reap the harvest of your land, do not reap to the very edges of your field or gather the gleanings of your harvest. Do not go over your vineyard a second time or pick up the grapes that have fallen. Leave them for the poor and the alien. I am the Lord your God.”
Deut. 24: 17
“Do not deprive the alien or the fatherless of justice, or take the cloak of the widow as a pledge.”
Zech. 7: 10
“Do not oppress the widow or the fatherless, the alien or the poor. In your hearts do not think evil of each other.
“If a man shuts his ears to the cry of the poor, he too will cry out and not be answered.”
“He who oppresses the poor to increase his wealth and he who gives gifts to the rich—both come to poverty.
“You foolish people! Did not the one who made the outside make the inside also? But give what is inside the dish to the poor, and everything will be clean for you. Woe to you pharisees, because you give God a tenth of your mint, rue and all other kinds of garden herbs, but you neglect justice and the love of God. You should have practiced the latter without leaving the former undone.”
Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.”
Isaiah 58: 6-7
“Is not this the kind of fasting I have chosen:
to loose the chains of injustice and untie the cords of the yoke,
to set the oppressed free and break every yoke?
Is it not to share your food with the hungry and to provide the poor wanderer with shelter—
when you see the naked, to clothe them,
and not to turn away from your own flesh and blood?
1 Thessalonians 5:14-15
Help the weak…Make sure nobody pays back wrong for wrong, but strive to do what is good for each other and for everyone else.
* Not paid for by any candidate or candidate’s committee. CDA is a 501c4 corporation and donations are not tax-deductible. We will not use your personal information for any purposes other than to advance our stated goal and will not sell, rent, or give your personal information to any third parties.