Deuteronomy 15:7 “If there is a poor man among your brothers in any of the towns of the land that the Lord your God is giving you, do not be hardhearted or tightfisted toward your poor brother.”
Last week Hillary Clinton laid out her plans for the economy and it did not disappoint. If budgets and economic plans are moral documents, then it is clear that Hillary is indeed bringing social justice to the race, and will bring with her a great plan to help many people who need it. Vice President Joe Biden has a saying: “Don’t tell me what you value, show me your budget, and I’ll tell you what you value.” At Hillary Clinton’s economic speech last week, she said, “And my mission in the White House will be to make our economy work for everyone, not just those at the top…I believe every American willing to work hard should be able to find a job that provides dignity, pride, and decent pay that can support a family. So starting on Day One, we will work with both parties to pass the biggest investment in new, good-paying jobs since World War II. We’ve got to create more good jobs that are going to help more people.” Read the full transcript of Hillary’s speech here.
If anyone asks why you are a Christian For Hillary, just guide them to this list, which are the ideas and promises Hillary laid out.
1. Put political progress above ideology.
2. Make the rich pay their fair share of taxes.
3. Implement the biggest investment in new good-paying jobs since World War II.
4. Connect underserved neighborhoods to opportunities.
5. Modernize transportation systems.
6. Expand affordable housing.
7. Repair schools.
8. Repair water systems.
9. Connect every household to broadband by 2020.
10. Build a cleaner, more resilient power grid.
11. Make the U.S. a clean energy superpower.
12. Unleash the power of the private sector.
13. Create an infrastructure bank to get private funds off the sidelines.
14. Invest $10 billion in “Make It in America” partnerships to support American manufacturing.
15. Expand new market tax credit.
16. Expand access to credit through community banks and credit unions.
17. Propose a new plan to simplify tax filing for small businesses.
18. Promote training programs where you “earn while you learn.”
19. Make college free for the middle class.
20. Make college debt-free for everyone.
21. Stop any deal that shuts down wages, including the Trans-Pacific Partnership.
22. Increase accessibility to childcare for middle-income parents.
23. Reform Social Security.
24. Support comprehensive immigration reform to prevent undocumented workers from being exploited.
25. Improve the Affordable Care Act.
26. Strengthen labor unions.
27. Overturn Citizens United.
28. Raise the minimum wage.
29. Expand voting rights.
30. Bring the progress of innovating Michigan communities to every community.