“Any society, any nation, is judged on the basis of how it treats its weakest members — the last, the least, the littlest.” ~Cardinal Roger Mahony …
The wage gap has become a monumental problem in the United States, as is rising homelessness and poverty. We support candidates whose platform prioritizes…
- Legislation that offers housing programs to the homeless, decriminalizing homelessness, community job programs and a focus on a social safety net to keep our veterans, families, and individuals from becoming homeless and give a hand up to fit whatever their unique situation may be.
- Supporting a livable wage. No one should be working full-time in America and living in poverty.
- Supporting low-income housing, financial aid, job training programs and small business grant programs
- New job creation in rural areas in industries that are not dying, but booming.
- Fully funding our social safety net programs such as WIC, food stamps, disability and mental health services. Those who can work need a sliding scale of services to help them get back on their feet or supplement poverty-wages. Those who cannot work should not have to worry if they can feed their family.
“If there is a poor man among your brothers in any of the towns of the land that the Lord your God is giving you, do not be hardhearted or tightfisted toward your poor brother.”
“Do not take advantage of a hired man who is poor and needy, whether he is a brother Israelite or an alien living in one of your towns.”
“He who oppresses the poor shows contempt for their maker, but whoever is kind to the needy honors God.”
“He who mocks the poor shows contempt for their maker; whoever gloats over disaster will not go unpunished.”
“If a man shuts his ears to the cry of the poor, he too will cry out and not be answered.”
“He who oppresses the poor to increase his wealth and he who gives gifts to the rich—both come to poverty.
Jesus answered, ‘If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.’ “
“The scroll of the prophet Isaiah was handed to him. Unrolling it, he found the place where it is written: ‘The spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to release the oppressed, to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor.’ “
“You foolish people! Did not the one who made the outside make the inside also? But give what is inside the dish to the poor, and everything will be clean for you. Woe to you pharisees, because you give God a tenth of your mint, rue and all other kinds of garden herbs, but you neglect justice and the love of God. You should have practiced the latter without leaving the former undone.”
“Then Jesus said to his host, ‘When you give a luncheon or dinner, do not invite your friends, your brothers or relatives, or your rich neighbors; if you do, they may invite you back and so you will be repaid. But when you give a banquet, invite the poor, the crippled, the lame, the blind, and you will be blessed. Although they cannot repay you, you will be repaid at the resurrection of the righteous.’ “
Interview with Executive Director of Network Lobby and Nuns on
All in one deplorable week, the Trump administration celebrates the
What Would Jesus Pod? Episode 13: Tribute to John McCain and Interview with GA House Candidate Josh McCall
Josh McCall, Georgia 9th District House Candidatemccallforall.comtwitter.com/mccallforallfacebook.com/mccallforall WWJP